Advocate believes that good environmental decisions are good business decisions.
There are many reasons why Advocate is located in Atlantic Canada amid some of the most breathtaking land in the country, but the greatest reason is simply that we love it here. The natural beauty in which we work and play every day inspires us to ensure the health of our communities the world's forests for future generations. Our hope is that you share the same values.
We have built our business on sensible alternatives that help sustain our local and global environment. As such, we have been participating in recycling and waste reduction initiatives for over 50 years. We are Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certified and all of our paper comes from sustainable forests. In addition to our own internal recycling practices, strategic partnerships with like minded suppliers and pollution prevention investments, we actively work with our communities to develop and support environmentally progressive projects.
Our Environmental Policy
- Make environment a component of business decisions, ensuring the environment is considered in planning for new – and changes to existing materials, processes, equipment and facilities prior to approval.
- Promote environmental awareness amongst our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Promote the efficient use of all materials and resources.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products.
- Offer sustainable, forest friendly and non intrusive products to clients.
- Reduce waste through comprehensive reuse and recycling programs.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance through ongoing review of our activities.
- Use resources efficiently and minimize waste and emissions.
- Prevention of pollution at source is a key priority.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbor in the communities where we operate.
- Every employee and every contractor on Advocate premises is expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health, or safety concern to Advocate management.